Monday, June 6, 2011

A Little Bit of Hawaii


Dress: Thrifted ($1)
Belt: Thrifted ($2)
Shoes: Martin & Osa

I would love to be there right now...on a vacation. Sitting on the beach, overlooking the ocean and watching the sunset. Summer is way too hot and although I didn't plan on it, I ended the day in a water park, where it is nice and cool (relatively).

I was browsing a store last summer and came across this dress and since I didn't have a Hawaiianesque dress, I thought it would be a great addition to my closet. With the right accessories, the tropicalness of it is more subtle ... (at least, I hope it is). Just noticed that 66% of this outfit is thrifted...I had a conversation with a friend one time about thrifting and she mentioned that she likes new clothes better. Although I agree with her for the most part, nowadays you can't find certain styles anymore...haha. 

I need another vacation soon....July 4th! One more month. I really like when national holidays occur one after another. It makes the month that much shorter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment