Sunday, November 7, 2010

a weekend in november





I went to the farmer's market this weekend and had lunch at Kosmos again. It's so good!! Especially their special 'tempura' dish + really good sauce.  I forget the name, but it's SO amazing.

Sunday - had brunch with old friends @ Sabor Latino? Food wasn't that great, service was not good...but an awesome group of people!

On a more serious note. I made my first loan on kiva.org yesterday to a woman in the Phillippines who needs money to purchase material for her tailor business. If you do not know what Kiva is, you should definitely go check it out. I understand that you are not loaning to the people directly...instead, the loan to the institution that they borrow from and helps backfill the loan. So I guess the loan goes to the institution to help them give out the loans to the people. Anyway! Hopefully I get repaid from this loan so I can re-loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment